Here’s the current list of responsibilities that I’m spending my time on.
See something listed that I’m no longer doing, or think there’s something missing from the list below? Drop me a Slack message so I can update this page.
See also the CEO role description and my How I work doc.
I’m the line manager for:
- Daisy, Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Siobhan, COO (Agency)
- Ross, CRO
- Zoe, VP of Finance
We have weekly 1:1s, and I support them through 360 feedback rounds, performance reviews, their PDPs, as well as help guide and advise their work, career, and any challenges they’re facing.
I lead the company executive team, which owns company strategy and execution and is the ultimate escalation point for all emergent issues and accountabilities.
- We meet monthly for comprehensive run through and then often ad-hoc each week as we work together on projects, changes, and challenges.
- I have a welcome call with every new starter.
- I’m available for ad-hoc 1:1s with everyone in the company.
- I have regular 1:1s with others in leadership roles who don’t report to me as their manager.
- I’m often involved in emergent or ongoing people issues, including people leaving, performance issues, health issues, or anything else.
- The VP of Finance reports to me.
- I work closely with the team to monitor and make decisions as needed around cashflow planning, short-term funding, and expense decisions. I stay aware of our financial position, account standing with our main clients, how different scenarios could play out etc.
Communication & Presence
- I’m always available on Slack and regularly chat to people 1:1 or in channels.
- I record a fortnightly internal podcast.
- I write a fortnightly company update.
- I facilitate/attend the monthly Town Halls and answer questions that people submit.
- I read almost everything that gets posted internally and stay broadly aware of everything that’s happening and what the status, successes, and challenges are across all areas.
- As CEO I take calls or meetings with people external to the company.
- I sometimes participate in interviews or podcasts.
- I attend conferences and other events.
- I talk to key clients and sometimes participate in sales and or partner calls.
I typically have several internal projects in progress that I’m leading, I track these in the Office of the CEO GitHub Repo.