Here’s the current list of responsibilities that I’m spending my time on.
See something listed that I’m no longer doing, or think there’s something missing from the list below? Drop me a Slack message so I can update this page.
I’m the line manager for:
- Jenny B
We have weekly 1:1s, and I support them through 360 feedback rounds, performance reviews, their PDPs, as well as help guide and advise their work, career, and any challenges they’re facing.
- I have monthly or quarterly 1:1s with all leaders who don’t report to me directly.
- I own the company leaders standup Geekbot which people complete weekly.
- I own the fortnightly leaders’ all hands.
- I lead the overall implementation and communication of company strategy.
- I’m acting as overall project lead for the initial strategy projects.
- The VP of People and Culture reports to me.
- I have a call with every new starter.
- I’m available for ad-hoc 1:1s with everyone in the company.
- I have regular 1:1s with others in leadership roles who don’t report to me as their manager.
- I’m involved in most emergent or ongoing people issues, including people leaving, performance issues, health issues, or anything else.
- The Director of Business Operations reports to me.
- I work closely with the team to monitor and make decisions as needed around cashflow planning, short-term funding, and expense decisions. I stay aware of our financial position, account standing with our main clients, how different scenarios could play out etc.
- The Director of Accounts and Project Management Discipline Lead report to me.
- I make sure I have an awareness of all key projects, accounts, how each region is doing, and our allocation challenges.
- I’m the ultimate escalation point for client issues and internal client services issues.
- I sign-off final hiring decisions for new hires in project management and accounts.
Communication & Presence
- I’m always available on Slack and regularly chat to people 1:1 or in channels.
- I record a bi-weekly internal podcast.
- I write weekly updates.
- I attend the main company hangout.
- I read almost everything that gets posted internally and stay broadly aware of everything that’s happening and what the status, successes, and challenges are across all areas.
- As CEO I take calls or meetings with people external to the company.
- I sometimes participate in interviews or podcasts.
- I attend conferences and other events.