Here’s the current list of responsibilities that I’m spending my time
See something listed that I’m no longer doing, or think there’s something missing from the list below? Drop me a Slack message so I can update this page.
I’m the line manager for:
- Jon H
We have weekly 1:1s, and I support them through 360 feedback rounds, performance reviews, their PDPs, as well as help guide and advise with their work, career, and any challenges they’re facing.
- I lead the company leadership team.
- We have a bi-weekly 1 hour call which rotates through timezones.
- I lead the overall implementation and communication of company strategy.
- I’m acting as overall project lead for the initial strategy projects.
- I lead the operations team.
- I guide the team and support them to do their work.
- We have weekly team hangouts, as well as a weekly Github triage in Slack.
- I sign-off final hiring decisions for new hires in the operations team.
- The Director of People Operations reports to me.
- I do a series of 3 monthly 1:1s with new starters.
- I’m available for ad-hoc 1:1s with everyone in the company via Calendly.
- I have regularly 1:1s with others in leadership roles whom don’t report to me as their manager.
- I’m involved in most emergent or ongoing people issues, including people leaving, performance issues, health issues, or anything else.
- The Director of Finance and the Director of Business Operations report to me.
- I work closely with the team to monitor and make decisions as needed around cashflow planning, short-term funding, and expense decisions. And stay aware of our financial position, account standing with our main clients, how different scenarios could play out etc.
- The head of accounts and project management report to me.
- I make sure I have an awareness of all key projects, accounts, how each region is doing, our allocation challenges.
- I’m the ultimate escalation point for client issues and internal client services issues.
- I sign-off final hiring decisions for new hires in project management, and accounts.
Communication & Presence
- I’m always available on Slack and regularly chat to people 1:1 or in channels.
- I record a monthly internal podcast.
- I write weekly updates.
- I attend the main company hangout.
- I read almost everything that get’s posted internally and stay broadly aware of everything that’s happening and what the status, successes, and challenges are across all areas.
- As CEO I take calls or meetings with people external to the company.
- I sometimes participate in interviews or podcasts.
- I attend conferences and other events.