We cover incidental costs associated with working remotely. Examples of things that you could expense are:
- The cost of a desk in a co-working space.
- Faster home internet.
- Coffee, tea or other drinks (if you find yourself working from a cafe).
- Airport lounge access so you can access power sockets and have a quiet place to work.
- Costs associated with travelling to co-work with another human (see co-working policy)
- Anything else that supports you while you work remotely.
You don’t need permission, just ask yourself (or someone else) if it’s something you need to effectively carry out your work and whether it’s reasonable that Human Made would pay for it. As a guide, remote working costs can run up to £350 per month.
Note: we do not expect to cover expenses for everyday commuting to a co-working space or office, for example travel passes or bus fares. In a co-located office, travel into your normal place of work is an expense which would normally be incurred by employees and therefore it’s not an additional expense that is incurred by working remotely. Human Made will cover the cost of commuting to exceptional places of work, e.g. for co-working or meetups.