If you are leaving Human Made we want to make sure the whole process is fair and runs smoothly.
1. HOW DO I NOTIFY THAT I AM LEAVING?
You need to give written notice to your manager and to People Operations that you are leaving. This may take the form of a letter or an email. Please copy in your manager, the leader responsible for your area of the company, and the Director of People Operations. Even if you have already discussed your plans verbally, you also need to give formal written notice too.
If we are terminating your contract we need to give you formal written notice.
2. HOW MUCH NOTICE DO I NEED TO GIVE TO LEAVE?
Unless otherwise stated in your contract, the normal notice period is 4 weeks for the first two years, and then an additional week per year of service over 2 years.
We will happily consider any requests for a shorter notice period and will make a decision based on the particular circumstances.
If you leave before the notice period without agreement we will deduct from your final salary payment a day’s salary for each day of notice not worked.
3. DO I HAVE TO WORK DURING MY NOTICE PERIOD?
We may, at our discretion, choose to pay your salary in lieu of notice from an agreed date of termination. Otherwise you will need to work out your notice period as normal.
4. WILL I GET CHANCE TO GIVE FEEDBACK?
If you are willing, we would like to have an exit discussion with you before your leaving date. Hopefully you are leaving for positive reasons, however if there is anything about Human Made that you have been unhappy about or any suggestions that have not already mentioned then we would like to hear about them. Areas that could be covered are:
- Job role
- Personal development, appraisal and support
- Working environment
- Any other comments or suggestions
It is also good chance to discuss your future plans and how we can stay in touch and benefit each other in the future.
5. HOW WILL I GET PAID?
You will receive your final salary payment including any outstanding expenses and payment for any unused days of leave due at the month end after your final day of work.
6. WHAT ABOUT MY EQUIPMENT?
Computers and phones that were purchased by Human Made remain assets of the company. When you leave the company, one of the following things will happen:
- You will be able to keep your equipment
- If you have only been at the company a short period of time, we will ask you to return your equipment. We will arrange to have it shipped to another team member who is in your locale.
- If you leave the company a short time after your equipment is purchased we may ask you to return it or, if you prefer, to purchase it from us. This will not happen in all cases. If you do purchase it, the total charge will reflect the depreciated value of the equipment (e.g. if it was bought three months ago, you could be asked to return it or purchase it at approximately 7/8ths of the initial price).
This will be decided on a case by case basis, and the decision will reflect criteria such as tenure, age of the equipment, and reason for leaving the company (e.g. someone who leaves because of gross misconduct is unlikely to be allowed to keep their equipment).
We will also need to ensure that no confidential information remains on the electronic equipment.
- Offboard following the checklist in the google sheet