If you are leaving Human Made we want to make sure the whole process is fair and runs smoothly.
1. HOW DO I NOTIFY THAT I AM LEAVING?
You need to give written notice to Tom, Joe or Noel that you are leaving. This may take the form of a letter or an email. Even if you have already discussed your plans verbally, you also need to give formal written notice too.
If we are terminating your contract we need to give you formal written notice.
2. HOW MUCH NOTICE DO I NEED TO GIVE TO LEAVE?
Unless otherwise stated in your contract, the normal notice period is 4 weeks + an additional week per year of service.
We will happily consider any requests for a shorter notice period and will make a decision based on the particular circumstances.
If you leave before the notice period without agreement we will deduct from your final salary payment a day’s salary for each day of notice not worked.
3. DO I HAVE TO WORK DURING MY NOTICE PERIOD?
We may, at our discretion, choose to pay your salary in lieu of notice from an agreed date of termination. Otherwise you will need to work out your notice period as normal.
4. WILL I GET CHANCE TO GIVE FEEDBACK?
If you are willing, we would like to have an exit discussion with you before your leaving date. Hopefully you are leaving for positive reasons, however if there is anything about Human Made that you have been unhappy about or any suggestions that have not already mentioned then we would like to hear about them. Areas that could be covered are:
- Job role
- Personal development, appraisal and support
- Working environment
- Any other comments or suggestions
It is also good chance to discuss your future plans and how we can stay in touch and benefit each other in the future.
5. HOW WILL I GET PAID?
You will receive your final salary payment including any outstanding expenses and payment for any unused days of leave due (as agreed with Tom, Joe or Noel) at the month end after your final day of work.
6. WHAT ABOUT MY EQUIPMENT?
If you have electronic or other equipment purchased by the company that you wish to keep, you will need to notify Siobhan prior to your leaving date. We will then come to an agreement with you. In many cases we are happy for you to keep most items of equipment; however we may make a charge for them depending on initial cost and age. Full details are on the equipment page.
We will also need to ensure that no confidential information remains on the electronic equipment.
7. ACTIONS FOR HUMAN MADE
Prior to final day:
- Agree leaving date
- Agree what equipment will be kept and any charge for it
- Confirm co-working space has been cancelled (if applicable)
- Remove confidential information from any equipment that is being retained
- Discuss any handover of work
- Notify any relevant clients
- Apply offboarding checklist to CharlieHR
On or after final day:
- Offboard following the checklist in CharlieHR