These guidelines are here to help you to manage your workload and communicate effectively within the company. Throughout every working day, Human Made generates a large amount of content across our Slack and P2s, as well as communication via video and voice calls.
You do not need to:
- keep up with absolutely everything in the company, just those things that are relevant to your role
- read scrollback for every Slack channel you are in, just stay up-to-date with your active projects
- respond to messages outside your working hours
- respond instantly to messages as they come in, or expect immediate responses to your messages. Communicating asynchronously does not mean communicating in real-time.
- post your weekly updates to Updates.
- turn on email notifications for posts/comments on P2s that are relevant to you.
- turn on email notifications for posts/comments on Updates.
- if you’re deploying code, please be online and in Slack.
- conversations of importance should be had on a P2. If it’s already happened on Slack, write it up for a P2.
- message your PM if you’re not going to be available during your normal working hours or if you are taking a holiday.
- keep your holiday information up-to-date so we are aware of your availability.
- if you come across documentation that is incorrect or out-of-date, take a few minutes to update.
- if you spend more than fifteen minutes with a configuration process, write it down and make it available to help others.
- on Github, only follow the repos you are interested in. You can turn off automatic repository watching in Github by going to Settings > Notifications.
- if you are travelling with other Humans, please share your phone number and be available to them.