These are the tools that we use regularly across Human Made and that you need to have for your day-to-day work. Individual teams may have other tools that they use and which you’ll need to get familiar with.
For a broader discussion of tools used by humans, you can read this post on 🔒 Updates.
- Google Docs Please default to using Google Docs and Drive. NOT DROPBOX
- Dropbox Paper Occasionally used for a few teams. Do not default to Dropbox (expenses is one exception)
- Backblaze – backups (instructions for using internally)
- 1Password (instructions for internal use)
- SSH Proxy
- Sketch – If you need, or already have, a Sketch license please ping Daisy in Slack to let her know so she can add it to the HM Sketch team because it’s more cost effective than paying for an individual one.
- Cardybot – This is for sending birthday cards to each other; everyone in #general is automatically opted in so if you don’t want to participate, please let Daisy know and she will ask Cardybot to delete your Slack username from their list.
* To integrate shared team Dropbox folders to your personal account and appear via mobile and/or desktop apps:
- Log onto to the team account via your preferred web browser with your Human Made email account.
- Go to folder you want to access and share with the email address associated with your personal account.
- Accept the shared folder locally, you’re done!