We have a ‘Zoom Business’ account which every Human Made employee is added to.
Tom W is the account owner, and Daisy, Sumaiya and Leyla are admins. If you need your account upgrading from Basic to Pro please ping Daisy in #company-admin (Sumaiya/Leyla as backup then Tom W).
If you want to link an app, any of the admins can do the pre-approval, feel free to prompt them in #company-admin in case they haven’t seen the email yet.
What we used to refer to as a Pro account is called
Licensed and free accounts are
If you want to host (not just attend) a call for longer than 40 minutes, you need to be logged into a Licensed account. You can either use one of the two company-wide Licensed accounts for sharing, get a license for your own account, or ask a colleague with a license who is also expected to be on the call to host the call.
As of January 2023, these humans currently have Licensed accounts:
- Tom W
- Corey Benefiel
- Corey Brown
- Jenny W
- Joe H
- Matt H
- Sarah J
- Sarah S
- Tom C
- Yu Hee
When a new employee joins the company, Leyla or Sumaiya invites them to the Zoom account. They will have a Basic account by default (except PMs), their manager should ping Leyla if they will need a Licensed one.
If you’re recording calls, two-factor authentication must be switched on in your Zoom account.
Cloud recordings are auto-deleted after 30 days. If you need to stop one getting deleted you can ‘disable auto-delete’.
Our storage limit is pooled across the whole company.
All recordings can be viewed by Tom (but not by Daisy or Leyla).
Best practice is to not record by default, only when you really need to. Also, please save recordings you need to keep on the Google Drive rather than in Zoom itself, move them within 24 hours of the call, and delete them once they’re saved elsewhere rather than waiting for them to be automatically deleted 30 days later.
- Test your setup by going to https://zoom.us/test and it will run through your video / audio / mic settings and make sure everything is working.
- The Zoom Help Center probably has the answer to almost any question you might have.
- If you want to open a support ticket, submit it here.
- If you want to set up a recurring call that you won’t always be attending yourself, you can set others as the Alternative Host. To do this, find the call in your zoom.us account under Meetings on the left then ‘edit’ that call, scroll to the bottom and start typing the person’s first name.
- Claiming host – detailed steps on this in the HM General Zoom Account page.
- How to allow participants to join your call before you – see this post by Jenny B
- If your energy is drained by video calls it can help to use the “disable incoming video” feature or just cover Zoom with another window. On the other hand:
- You can keep your Zoom window on the top of all other windows by going to Meeting > Keep on Top: