We have several group video calls scheduled every week, we call these Hangouts. We generally use Zoom.
You can see a schedule of team meetings on our shared 🔒 Human Made Google Calendar. If you don’t have access to this, just ask another human to add you.
In line with our general communication guidelines, notes should be posted to the relevant P2. Additionally, you can record the hangout and post to our YouTube account.
Whole Company Hangout
Every Thursday, we have a Company Hangout, a chance for everyone online at the time to get together. To ensure full timezone coverage, they run through eight time slots:
- 09:00 UTC
- 18:00 UTC
- 03:00 UTC
- 12:00 UTC
- 21:00 UTC
- 06:00 UTC
- 15:00 UTC
- 00:00 UTC
The following is a loose agenda to follow for company hangouts. Someone should nominate themselves to facilitate and you can choose from this list of items:
1. Introductions – if there is a new human on the call it can help them to get oriented if everyone introduces themselves. Everyone should introduce themselves by saying their name, what they do at Human Made, where in the world they are, and you can have everyone answer an icebreaker question.
2. Demo – ask if anyone has a demo that they would like to do. This could include:
- something that we have built for a client
- something we have built internally
- a cool new tool
- a life hack
- a demo of someone’s hobby
- a demo of anything at all!
3. Icebreaker – you can get to know one another by asking an icebreaker question.
4. Game – you could set up a game. There is a list here. Skribbl and Typeracer are very easy to set up and for people to instantly pick up. For large groups you may want to use a breakout room.
Other Regular Hangouts
In addition to the main Company Hangouts, smaller groups also have regularly organised calls. Here are the main ones:
Purpose is people from different disciplines coming together to hang out, rather than a specific Ops function, a fun space for us to catch up, chat, talk about some work stuff but in a relaxed way.
- Every other Wednesday at 14:00 UTC (30 minutes).
Client Services (CS) Call
We have three Client Services calls for full timezone coverage:
- Client Services Call 1 (APAC) : Every Tuesday at 04:00 UTC
- Client Services Call 2 (EMEA) : Every Tuesday at 14:00 UTC
- Client Services Call 3 (Americas) : Every Tuesday at 15:00 UTC
Attend these if you’re involved in client services work and have an update to share on existing or upcoming client projects. We run through each of our current projects, do a short update, chat about any new business, and generally discuss issues related to working on professional services projects.
Allocations Sync Call
These occur on a weekly basis and are where the allocations needs and plans conceived in the region are discussed with the global allocations reps:
- Allocations Sync APAC: Every Thursday at 06:00 UTC
- Allocations Sync EMEA & Americas: Every Thursday at 15:30 UTC
Attended by PMs, AMs, Allocation reps in order to discuss resourcing for current and future projects.