We have several group video calls scheduled every week, we call these Hangouts. We generally use Zoom.
You can see a schedule of team meetings on our shared 🔒 Human Made Google Calendar. If you don’t have access to this, just ask another human to add you.
In line with our general communication guidelines, notes should be posted to the relevant P2. Additionally, you can record the hangout and post to our Youtube account.
Whole Team Hangout
Every two weeks, we have a Team Hangout, a chance for the entire to get together. To ensure full timezone coverage, we actually run two of these on a rolling basis:
- Team Hangout 1: Every other Thursday at 11:30 UTC
- Team Hangout 2: Every other Thursday at 15:30 UTC
- Team Hangout 3: Every other Friday at 19:00 UTC
Team Hangouts have a fairly open agenda, here are some common threads:
- A discussion around a meta/internal project.
- A short demo of something cool someone has done (high level).
- Updates on events/brief discussion of a conference attended and some highlights.
- Discussions around WP news.
- General HM news or company announcements
- Discussions of any notable company issues, plans, processes.
Ideally each week we have someone who can demo something they’ve been working on:
- Could be a client project, one of our internal tools, one of our products, or a completely unrelated side project.
- It could be a cool new tool or service you’ve discovered.
- Be prepared to share your screen for 5 minutes or so and talk the team through what you are showing.
Other Regular Hangouts
In addition to the main Team Hangouts, smaller groups also have regularly organised calls. Here are the main ones:
We have two for full timezone coverage:
Attend these if you’re involved in agency work and have an update to share on existing or upcoming client projects. We run through each of our current projects and do a short update and chat about any new business.
The format for the agency hangout is as follows – about 3 hours before the first one a google document gets shared on the #Agency slack channel into which every project/client up for discussion on the forthcoming call gets a brief summary entered. For the first 10 to 15 minutes of the call attendees to the call read through the summaries and make any text edits, additions or comments they feel necessary. Anyone can make a comment or note on a project or client. Most client projects will just get a single entry but for larger, multi project clients (for example, currently Standard Chartered) there will be entries for each project, and probably an entry for general ‘client account management’ issues. Once all meeting attendees have read through the doc, they add their name to the top of the doc, and then we commence the online read through and recap. The priority in this is to dive into any questions raised in the text read through, and ensure that all projects have the space to clearly articulate any wider support they need.
Happens most weeks, check the
#servers room on Slack.
Happens most weeks at 14:30 UTC.
These alternate times on a weekly basis between:
- PM Hangout 1: Every other Thursday at 08:00 UTC
- PM Hangout 2: Every other Thursday at 15:00 UTC
Attend these to discuss resourcing for current and future project.