When you take time off, it is helpful if you can set yourself to out of office in Google Calendar.
By setting your out of office on your own calendar it will:
- decline all meetings during the period you are away with other people you have set up ( if you have the option ticked )
- show you are not available when people check your calendar to set up meetings.
- automatically declines any new meeting invites that people try and send to you during your time off.
How to set up out of office
When you indicate you’re out of office, your calendar will automatically decline all meetings during that time.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- At the top of your calendar, click the first date you’ll be out of the office.
- Click Out of office.
- Select the dates that you’ll be out of the office.
- Optional: Update the time range and edit your decline message.
- Click Save.
Here’s a vide of Jenny setting it up: