Your monthly salary will be paid on or around the last Friday of the month if you’re employed through our UK or Australian entity. If you’re employed through our US entity you will be paid on a bi-monthly schedule.
For contractors, you must send an invoice for the month before we’re able to make payment. Our pay run day is every Thursday so you should aim to have your invoice for the month submitted by the last Thursday of the month. If it is received after this it will be paid the following Thursday.
Invoices should be made out to the HM entity your contract is with and should include a line item for ‘services’ as well as an additional line item for any submitted expenses; this can be a total figure for ‘expenses as submitted in Expensify.’
Everyone at the company will receive an inflationary-based raise. This is calculated at the start of every financial year based on the currency in which you are paid. For 2021/22 the rate is 2%. You will receive this on the anniversary of your last raise.
You can also request a raise based on your performance. We are currently developing a new system to manage this, but in the interim you can follow this process:
- Approaching the anniversary of your last raise, your should start to have discussions with your manager about having a performance-based raise.
- You should then talk to the partner responsible for your department to request it. Your manager will provide you with support here.
The partners responsible for each team/department are:
- Joe – Engineers, Platform Services
- Tom – PMs, Operations (will include Accounts, once S&AM has split)
- Noel – Sales & Business Development, Marketing
Managers: you will be informed of when your reports are due a raise so please actively follow up with them to ensure that they feel confident taking it forward.
If you need an advance on your salary, talk to us. We will try to help where we can.