There are two main ways to do this.
Zoom has a feature where you can create meetings from a meeting template. Both shared accounts have two meeting templates ready for you to use.
Both templates are recurring meetings with no fixed time so can be used whenever you want. The only limit is the concurrent feature as mentioned above.
To make sure other meetings are not using the same account, please check the
HM General calendar and see if there are other meetings happening at the same time.
Recurring meeting with recording to cloud
Meetings created with this template will auto-record to the cloud when the meeting starts, and save to the host account. You can pause, stop and start a new recording in one meeting by claiming host.
Reminder: All Zoom recordings are set to delete automatically after 30 days. Please download any recordings you want to save and upload them to either the P2 it needs to be on or into a Google Drive folder.
Tip: If you stop one recording and start a new recording in the same meeting, they are recorded as separate video files. This means that you can save yourself the effort of editing files later.
Recurring meeting with no auto recording
Meetings created with this template will not have any auto-recording feature.
To set up a meeting using one of these accounts, log into the shared account you want to use and follow the instructions on how to schedule a meeting using a meeting template.
Using the desktop app
- Open the Zoom desktop app then click your profile picture top right – from the dropdown select ‘Switch Account’ and use log in details from 1P to log in as one of the communal accounts.
- Go to
- Enter the name of the meeting in the
Topicbox, doesn’t need to be written exactly the same as in GCal – this is just to make any recordings easier to identify later.
- Tick the
Recurring meetingbox so you don’t have to enter date etc.
- Leave the Meeting ID as
- For Calendar at the bottom, choose
Other calendarsrather then Google Calendar.
- When you click
Saveyou will get a new window with a unique link which you can copy and paste into the
Locationbox in your GCal event, remember to also include the
Claim Host Key(see below) – it’s the same for all calls linked to each account (but not included in this handbook page for security reasons).
- Log out of the HM General account and back into your own!
Allow participants to join at any timemust be selected otherwise somebody will need to be logged into Zoom as ‘HM General’ to start the call.
- Video on for Host and Participants.
- Waiting room off for internal meetings. Do switch it on if you are using the account with external guests for a meetup etc.
- If you want meetings to be automatically recorded, always record to the cloud (otherwise we have no idea which computer it gets recorded to).
In the browser (but desktop app option recommended)
- If you’re signed into your personal account,
Sign outthen log into an HM account.
Meetingson the left
Schedule a Meetingon the right
- Then similar to above but the downside is that you have to enter recurrence info, dates etc using this method.