We provide all the equipment you need to do your job effectively. Expect to own top-of-the-range kit:
- A new computer every 2 years.
- A new mobile phone every 2 years.
- A good pair of headphones and a microphone.
- An external monitor (if required), keyboard, mouse etc.
- An ergonomic office desk and chair.
- Any other equipment needed to work effectively.
Use the following list of reference equipment as a guides, if you _need_ better/more expensive equipment to do your job effectively then let Tom or Zoe know what and why.
- Laptop (~£2,700) – Depending on your role, up to the standard configuration for the high-end 15inch MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Mobile phone (£799) – iPhone XR 128GB or equivalent
- Headphones (£249) – Bose noise cancelling headphones or equivalent
- External Monitor (£499) – Dell 27″ 4K LCD monitor or equivalent
- Office Desk (£575) – Ikea standing desk or equivalent
- Office Chair (£500) – refurbished Herman Miller or equivalent
If you are purchasing from a non-UK retailer, the amount HM will reimburse/cover is the cost of the models (listed above) in that country (whether it’s more or less), not the currency equivalent of the GBP amount.
If you’re unsure what to buy you might find it helpful to ask others in Slack (in #interests-gadgets for example), before running it past us.
Assets over £500 must be purchased by Human Made and not expensed. Once you know the specs of what you’d like, let Zoe or Daisy know and we can purchase it for you.
It’s fine to purchase second-hand items as long as the seller can provide you with a proof of purchase (doesn’t need to be a VAT/GST invoice).
We maintain a 🔒 list of all company assets.
If your equipment was purchased by Human Made it is covered by our worldwide insurance. Otherwise, you should purchase equipment insurance and expense it to the company. If you’re unsure ask team admin.