P2 is a micro-blogging theme that we use to communicate with one another. We have a network of P2s dedicated to different aspects of working at Human Made. P2s are cheap—if you want to set up a P2 for anything, just set one up. If you need help with that, ping someone on the systems team.
You can use P2s for:
- posting weekly updates
- posting about any absences or holiday
- posting meeting agendas and minutes
- important discussions – because they are asynchronous, using P2 ensures that everyone can be part of the discussion. It also gives people an opportunity to formulate a thorough response
- decisions made elsewhere, including the reasons for those decisions
task lists (P2 has a checklist feature, just write o at the start of a line)
- anything else you want to discuss!
WRITING AND ADDING IMAGES
Posts in P2 are written in HTML. This means that if you want to adjust your formatting you need to enclose it in HTML tags. You can find basic HTML markup here.
Images can be added to the original post using the insert media button but if you want to add images to a comment you need to use HTML.
To add an image to a comment use the following:
<img src="http://yourimageurl.jpg" />
Replace “http://yourimageurl.jpg” with the URL to your image.
Tip: you can hotlink an image from dropbox. Copy the Dropbox image URL and replace dl=o with raw=1
Our central home for all of our P2s is hub.hmn.md, where you can see at a glance what’s happening with the company, and search the network.
Post anything to updates that you want the whole company to be made aware of, like:
- Project milestones
- Site launches
- Bizdev events (We just won this deal, we just lost this other one, we just reached a new milestone in signups on Nomadbase).
- Interesting links
- Weekly updates
- Meetings / Important chat logs
We use this for discussion of HR policies and issues. You should keep track of it for any updates to HR.
Used to keep track of new trials and humans. See the trial buddy and onboarding checklist for guidance.
We use this for ongoing discussions relating to business and money. Day to day agency sales discussion happens on our Trello board.
We use this P2 for development/server related discussion and announcements.
Used for proposing meetups, posting events budgets and reports, and general meetup discussion.
Discussion of the annual Human Made retreat.
We care about the WordPress community and the broader web design and development communities. Use this P2 to:
- post event reports
- discuss community issues
- organise community-related matters.
Got an awesome idea for something we should do at Human Made, post it here! It doesn’t matter how crazy it is—anything goes!
Discussion of events organised by Human Made, including A Day of REST and Out of Office.