As the PM Team Lead you are responsible for the wellbeing and ongoing professional development of everyone on your team. The role of PM Team Lead is essentially a support role, and your goal should be to help other project managers in the company. You will be the primary point of contact for them to come to with any difficulties that they are facing. You should have a thorough knowledge of the challenges of delivering projects to clients, working with other teams, and of the unique problems of remote work. You should be able to identify problems as they arise, addressing them yourself, or bringing them to the CEO, Commercial Director, Director of Engineering, or Director of People Operations when necessary.
You should be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You will be expected to gather feedback on anyone you support; you should be able to synthesize that feedback and be comfortable delivering it in a constructive manner.
As the PM Team lead you will continue to manage projects as a Senior Project Manager but in a reduced capacity. You should have a good knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies, their use in a remote context, as well as any other project management techniques and tools in the company. You will display leadership in project management best practice at the company, including methodology, invoicing, reporting, and risk management.
You should support the professional development of everyone in the project management team, helping team members identify where there are gaps in their skills and being proactive about finding opportunities for them to learn.
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies and their use in a remote context
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to engage and mentor individuals with a skill set different to your own
- Able to identify and harness a person’s strengths
- Able to identify an individual’s areas for improvement
- Able to gather feedback and deliver it to team members
- Confident addressing interpersonal issues
- Experienced in a remote working environment
- Take responsibility for project management best practice
- Drive the production and development of the PM handbook
- Perform check-ins and 1:1s
- Work with the CEO/Director of People Operations to do annual evaluations
- Gather and provide professional feedback to all reports from their respective project teams
- Support reports in their roles in an ad-hoc reactionary capacity
- Support reports in professional development of skills and learning
- Assist individuals with goal setting for career and technical growth
- Reports to: CEO
- Manages: Project Managers
- Works with: Project Managers, Client Services Team, Leadership Team