As Business Operations Manager at Human Made you are responsible for the operational running of the business, including financial operations, client services, and administration.
In your financial operations capacity you will work with the Finance Director to maintain the smooth financial running of the company. This includes regular budgeting and planning, monthly expense reviews and forecasts, cashflow analysis, and budgeting for the company retreat and major events. You should maintain an overview of the company’s employee costings and any changes to those costings. You should provide data as required for filings, ensure tax compliance, and communicate with the company’s accountants. You will provide inter-company accounting data from across Human Made’s three legal entities as relevant, and carry out inter-company invoicing.
Alongside the Financial Director, Client Services leadership and Account Managers, you will contribute to the running of the company’s client services, ensuring robust business processes are in place, and documenting and operating those processes. You are responsible for client liaison and invoicing, processing purchase orders, and maintaining client services financial data.
You are responsible for general company-level administration including company updates, compliance, visa sponsorship programs, and insurance. You should maintain an company-level overview of meetup and retreat planning, providing leadership and direction. You will oversee the day-to-day work of the company bookkeeper and Admin & Events Coordinator, including bookkeeping, payroll, annual payroll reporting, and employee expense overviews and reporting. Along with the Director of People Operations, you are responsible for HR and onboarding administration, and employee benefit administration.
Human Made is a remote company so you should have excellent written communication skills that enable you to work with a diverse group of people from around the world. You should be able to work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them. You should be able to prioritise your tasks and confident about speaking up to ask for help when you need it.
- Experience managing the business operations of a remote company
- Experience of budgeting and cashflow planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of compliance and reporting procedures
- Able to work in a self-directed way and oversee the work of others
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet tools
- Management of the company’s administration
- Creating and managing processes for the smooth operation of the business
- Managing, producing, and reporting on financial data
- Budgeting and cashflow planning
- Managing inter-company processes and data
- Client liaison and invoicing
- HR onboarding and administration